Apple hires Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts as new SVP of retail
CEO of British luxury fashion house Burberry is joining Apple as Senior Vice President of Retail.
Apple announced earlier today:
“Angela Ahrendts, CEO of Burberry, will be joining Apple in a newly created position, as a senior vice president and member of our executive team, reporting to CEO Tim Cook.
Ahrendts will have oversight of the strategic direction, expansion and operation of both Apple retail and online stores, which have redefined the shopping experience for hundreds of millions of customers around the world. Apple retail stores set the standard for customer service with innovative features like the Genius Bar, Personal Setup and One to One personal training to help customers get the most out of their Apple products.”
Ahrendts will join Apple in the spring. Here’s an image of Burberry Chicago Store. Maybe Apple Store will get a makeover later next year?
In July, Apple hired fashion house Yves Saint Laurent CEO Paul Deneve for special projects. In September, Apple hired Nike Innovation Kitchen’s studio designer (not “FuelBand designer”) Ben Shaffer.
I think Apple will unveil some design surprises in 2014.
- How Burberry CEO Angela Ahrendts transformed a company that lost its focus
- Former Apple Retail Division Head Ron Johnson Now J.C. Penney CEO
- Getting Ready for iPhone 5: 4 Online + 7 Retail Apple Stores Opening Around the World
- Burberry fashion show to use iPhone 5s for photos & live broadcast video
- Apple Senior Vice President iOS, Scott Forstall, Gets Twitter Account