Polycarbonate iPhone 5c introduced by Apple
Phil Schiller introduced the new polycarbonate iPhone 5c today at Apple’s Fall 2013 media event.
The plastic back iPhone 5c features include:
- Apple-designed A6 chip
- Blazing-fast performance
- Console-level graphics
- Power efficient
- High capacity battery (slightly larger than iPhone 5)
- 8MP iSight camera with backside illumination
- 4-inch Retina display
- Made of a hard-coated polycarbonate with steel-reinforced structure
- Cases allow colors to shine through
iPhone 5c 16GB: $99 with two year contract
iPhone 5c 32GB: $199 with two year contract
Case: $29 each
Schiller promises that the phones are “arsenic-free and Android-free”.
Hum that’s the price range that the iPhone 5 is expected to be. Maybe there won’t be iPhone 5 anymore.
Pre-order for the iPhone 5c starts this Friday September 13, 2013. Both new 2013 iPhone 5s and 5c will go on sale on Friday September 20 in US, Australia, Canada China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore, and UK.
Photos via engadget
- iPhone 5s “the gold standard in phones” launched by Apple with 64-bit CPU, M7, Touch ID fingerprint reader
- iPhone 4 AT&T Pricing: New / Upgrade / No Contract Prices
- Official Factory Unlocked Apple iPhone 4S: US November Release, $649+
- Japan carrier NTT DOCOMO will start selling iPhone on September 20
- Apple Hints Major Product Transition: $249 iPhone? [update]