Next Apple media event with new iPhone + iOS 7 on September 10
New iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 is expected at the next Apple media event this fall, along with possibly a low cost iPhone 5C.
The new iPhone 5S of iPhone 6 will feature iOS 7 with a radical new design, introduced this summer at the 2013 Apple WWDC. A rumored low cost iPhone 5C might come with plastic back and different color options.
Some of the iOS 7 features include:
- New system wide multitasking with screenshots of apps, based on Safari mulitasking (on iOS since the 2007 iPhone OS version 1).
- Control center: swipe up from bottom of the screen to control flashlight, wifi, music control, AirDrop, AirPlay, and other settings.
- Camera app with filters, square photo mode, and redesigned look for Panorama, still photo, and video mdoe
- Improved security: turning off Find My iPhone or erasing iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch now requires Apple ID. Erased iPhone and iOS devices will continue to display a custom message. And Apple ID is required to reactive stolen or lost devices.
- iOS in the Car, coming 2014, integration major auto makers
- Parallax home screen, where apps float on a background that moves depending on your perspective. Similar to these 2010 Mac based winscape virtual windows for the house, and some say classic Disney animations shot with multiplane camera:
Apple iOS 7 is compatible with:
- iPhone 4 (2010)
- iPhone 4S (2011)
- iPhone 5 (2012)
- iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 and possibly the rumored iPhone 5C (2013)
- iPod touch 5th generation (2012)
- iPad 2 (2011)
- iPad with Retina display, aka iPad 3 (2012 Spring) and “new iPad” iPad 4 (2012 Fall)
- iPad mini (2012)