Apple OS X Mavericks features
Apple revealed at WWDC that there’s no OS X Sea Lion in the immediate future. Instead, Apple is changing its Mac OS X product names. Here are some of its new features.
Running out of big cat names, Apple will go with “OS X Mavericks” for the next ten years. New OS X features include:
- Optimized for multiple display: Dock and menu across multiple displays. Apple TV acts as external display
- Finder tagging
- Optimized for battery life reduces CPU use up to 72%.
- Auto Nap: Safari will turn off CPU use of hidden tabs (awesome for those who usually keep dozens of tabs open)
- Synced iCloud passwords, save and sync complex passwords and optionally auto fill credit card
- Calendar redesigned – no stitching
- Maps app with Flyover for Mac
- iBooks and iBook textbooks for Mac
Developer preview available today. Release planned for this Fall. Looks great.