Apple 2013 Q2 financial: 65% iPad unit growth, record March quarter revenue of $43.6 billion
Apple posted record second quarter revenue, plus increased iPhone and iPad sales.
Despite all the Apple-is-doomed rumors, today, Apple announced 2013 Q2 financial results.
2012 Q2: $39.2 billion
2013 Q2: $43.6 billion, 11% growth year over year (YOY)
2012 Q2: $11.6 billion
2013 Q2: $9.5 billion
2012 Q2: 47.4%
2013 Q2: 37.5%
2012 Q2: 35.1 million
2013 Q2: 37.4 million, 7% unit growth YOY
2012 Q2: 11.8 million
2013 Q2: 19.5 million, 65% unit growth YOY
2012 Q2: 4 million
2013 Q2: 4 million
Revenue is up across every market segment (Americas, Europe, greater China, Japan, rest of Asia Pacific, and retail). The net profit is down along with lower gross margins. ObamaPacman believes it’s due to increase number of low margin iPad minis sold.
It’s impressive to see 65% year over year growth of iPad. Steve Jobs is right that Apple will lead the post-PC world.
- Apple Posts Record $46.33 billion Quarter with Record iPhone, iPad, Mac Sales
- Apple 2011 Q2 Financials: Record Quarter, 113% iPhone Growth
- iPhone sales grew 26% year over year (Apple 2013 Q4 financials)
- iPhone 5s / 5c, available for 11 days, takes 51% Verizon 2013 third quarter smartphone sales
- Apple Q3 2011 Financials: Revenue Up 82%, iPhone Up 142%, iPad Up 183%