Phil Schiller highlights Android malware problem
Mobile threats, are they targeting Android, Blackberry, iOS, J2ME, Windows Mobile, or Symbian?
The above threat by platform diagram shows in the past two years, the target of malware makers move from Symbian and Windows Mobile to Android. iOS is still much safer, despite iPhone being the premier smartphone of businesses and iPad being the leading tablet.
This is of course nothing new. From 2010 Google Play (formerly Android Market) approved banking scam app to 2013 Android malware that can infect Windows, Android is the platform open to malware made worst by its sad history of support.
- Android Malware Up 3225% in 6 Months
- Malware Android apps from Google Play infects Windows PCs: #thenextbigthing
- What Android Fans Don’t Want You To Know?
- Apple iPhone, iPad Dominates Android in Business Adoption
- Mobile Browser Market Share: iOS 65%, Android 19%