Need for Speed: Most Wanted [Review + iOS app sale]
Great racing game for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch on sale for $0.99 for a limited time. Get the download link, our review, and game tips.
Download Electronic Arts’ Need for Speed: Most Wanted Universal App for $0.99 (down from $6.99).
It’s a good racing game for iOS. Here’s our review of Need for Speed: Most Wanted for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It plays like many of the regular race games: win a race for points that unlock more races and cars, and earn money that lets you buy cars and rent car upgrades. In every game you have to watch out for police that will try to ram and slow down your car. It looks as good as Real Racing, but NFS Most Wanted plays more of an arcade styled games.
- Great graphics
- Visual car damage (not sure if it affects gameplay though)
- “NFS edition” car every 7 days. My first NFS edition car is the excellent Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 and it’s free.
- Drifting seems harder in SUV
- No need to pay to win
- Car knockout cut scene videos seem to be generated on the fly, as no two are alike
- You can send some cars or trucks you hit flying. It’s unrealistic but pretty exciting
- Car enhancement called mods are charged by the race. In other games normally you buy mods for a car and they are yours
- Menu scrolling doesn’t use iOS physics and feels clunky
- No Gamecenter support, instead it wants you to sign up for Origin AUTOLOG, it is optional except it is required to compete with others
- No real multiplayer support, instead you race against friend’s score (requires AUTOLOG)
- Cops seem to go after you more often than against your competitors
- Shadows of some cars are way off, resulting in appearance of flying cars. Example: the Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV (image below)
- Overall progress is unclear, as more races are added as you unlock them. I am not sure if I am 10% complete or 70% complete
- Use Nitro to get ahead of cops, otherwise they will ram you and slow you down
- Wear headphones to figure out which side competitor or cops are trying to pass and block them
- Replay some races to earn money. If I get Gold trophy easily, I sometimes play the challenge a few times
- Buy new car sometimes unlock other cars
- I don’t use mods because mods disappear after the race. Instead I save the money to buy new cars