Despite hurricane Sandy, iPad mini launch drew near record crowd in NYC
The 7.9-Inch iPad mini is such a disappointment.
Fortune article on the November 2, 2012 iPad mini launch at the flagship Fifth Avenue Apple Store:
“And by 9:56 a.m. — four minutes before the doors finally opened — I counted 801 men, women and children. Only the iPhone 4 (1,300) and iPad 2 (1,190) drew bigger crowds.”
Photo and tally by Fortune writer Philip Elmer-DeWitt.
- Apple introduces pencil thin 7.9-Inch iPad mini
- Apple Introduces Sandy Bridge MacBook Air, Mac Mini, & Cinema Display with Thunderbolt
- Apple secretly lunched Retina iPad mini today
- Apple Posts Record $46.33 billion Quarter with Record iPhone, iPad, Mac Sales
- Apple introduces iPad mini with retina display