Time Travel with WhatWasThere Augmented Reality iPhone App
Neat app. Free on App Store.
WhatWasThere is a “portable portal into the past” with great augmented reality mode. The app “allows you to tour familiar streets to see how they appeared in the past.” Features:
- See historical photos near you with map mode, list mode, and augmented reality camera mode
- Overlay historical photo over your camera view by adjusting photo transparency
- Click “i” for more info on photo
Looks to be a great version 1.0 app. It was released February of 2011 but there has been no update since then.
They should change their “tour familiar streets” claim, because although the numbers of photos available in a city can be in the hundreds, it’ll probably never be a street view of the past. But being crowd sourced, you can upload photos at WhatWasThere.com
We haven’t seen an augmented reality cake with this app yet.
[via Book of Joe]
- SkyView iPhone Augmented Reality Star Gazing App
- World’s First Intelligent stamp: Royal Mail Gains iPhone Augmented Reality
- iPhone Augmented Reality Cinema
- Dude, Where’s My Car? Augmented Reality iPhone App Can Help Find Your Car
- Mac User Bakes Double Rainbow Augmented Reality Cake