iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak: Absinthe 2.0 Released
New jailbreak for most iOS 5.1.1 devices including iPad 3 and iPhone 4S.
Absinthe 2.0 supports iOS 5.1.1 on:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 GSM / CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi / GSM / CDMA
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi / GSM / CDMA
- iPad 1
- iPod touch 4th gen / 3rd gen
Does not support:
- iPad 2 WiFi R2 (2012 model)
- Apple TV 3rd gen / 2nd gen
How to jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0
To Jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0, the device should be running iOS 5.1.1. iPad and iPod touch users can just update. However, if you are using Ultrasn0w iPhone unlock or waiting for any potential but unlikely software unlock, you might have to wait.
1. Make iOS device backup using iTunes
2. Once backup is done, go to Settings on your app. Go to General > Reset > Erase all Contents and Settings
3. Open Absinthe and hit jailbreak
4. Once jailbroken, restore from backup
You can ignore step 1 and 2 but it’ll take much longer and require much more harddrive space. You also run the risk of Absinthe 2.0 not working if you do not erase all your data from the device.
Already using a tethered iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak? Search and install “Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether” from Cydia.
Download Absinthe 2.0
- Absinthe 2.0.1 for Mac OS X (10.5, 10.6, 10.7)
- Absinthe 2.0.1 for WIndows (XP, Vista, Win7)
- Absinthe 2.0.1 for Linux (x86, x86_64)
Check greenpois0n for latest version of this iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak. Check out our iOS tips & jailbreak guides for info about the newest iOS firmware.
Update: updated for 2.0.2 update.
- Jailbreak A5 iPhone 4S + iPad 2 iOS 5 & 5.0.1 Untethered with Absinthe
- Windows Version of Absinthe iPad 2 + iPhone 4S Jailbreak [& New Mac Version] Released
- iOS 7 untethered jailbreak [Mac & Windows Tutorial]
- Redsn0w iOS 4.3.2 Untethered Jailbreak Tool Download
- Untethered iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak with redsn0w + PwnageTool