iPhone 78% AT&T Smartphone Sales (vs. Android etc 22%)
Android, BlackBerry, and Nokia Windows Phone are surely winning!
AT&T announces quarterly result for 2012 Q1:
- Smartphone sales of 5.5 million
- Activated 4.3 million iPhones, with 21 percent new to AT&T
- Smartphones represented more than 78 percent of postpaid device sales
That means their smartphone sold:
- 78% iPhone = 4.3 million / 5.5 million
- 22% Android + BlackBerry + Windows phones
In addition, the Apple iPhone is now 61% of all smart and dumbphones sold on AT&T.
Some clueless publication calls it “iPhone activations drop 43% at AT&T”, ignoring the fact that last quarter was the holiday quarter, thus all product sales are down this quarter.