RIM Unveils New BlackBerry Logo
After dismissing the Apple iPhone for 5 years, BlackBerry is ready for a change in corporate branding.
What happens if you change RIM’s direction 90 degrees? A designer would know.
The graphic tweeted by Robert Padbury, a designer who works at Apple, @padbury (via @chronic):
Blackberry logo updated to better reflect the future of the company: yfrog.com/h2akiehj
Nice tombstones. It tells a better story than the BlackBerry BeBold cartoon characters.
RIM’s Death Spiral
- BlackBerry smartphone shipments down 21% from Q3
- Revenue down 25% YOY
- Former Co-CEO Jim Balsillie resigned as Director of the Board
- CTO and COO also left RIM
“When unit sales and average selling price are both dropping, that’s a death spiral.”
- RIM Co-CEO Apologizes for Worldwide BlackBerry Blackout
- RIM Amateur Hour FAIL: 500,000 BlackBerry PlayBook Shipped, Announces Layoffs
- iPhone vs. Android, Blackberry Users
- RIM Practices BlackBerry Self Termination Ahead of iPhone 4S Launch
- BlackBerry Not Working Sketch from BBC