Google violates protection of personal data, a basic rule of the European Union.
Reuters, Estelle Shirbon:
“In numerous respects. One is that nobody had been consulted, it is not in accordance with the law on transparency and it utilizes the data of private persons in order to hand it over to third parties, which is not what the users have agreed to.”
Wow. So, “do no evil” are just empty words to Google. This is not an isolated incident. Some examples:
- Google bypasses Safari browser privacy settings
- EU Google antitrust investigation
- FTC Google antitrust investigation
- Google employees vandalized open street map
- Google scraping competitor database in Kenya
- Google bundling Google+ with web search
- Google search ranks stolen article above original article
- Google Android willfully infringe Java
I’ve switched search engine to Bing for weeks, and didn’t miss Google search at all.