Apple Introduced iPhoto for iPad + iPhone [Download]
With iPhoto, Apple brought the whole iLife suite to iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
At the iPad 3 event, Apple new iPhoto for iPad and iPhone [App Store] was introduced by Randy Ubillos, Chief Architect for Photo and Video apps. Features:
- Works with up to 19MP photos (demoed with 12-megapixel photo from a Nikon D300S)
- “By double-tapping a single photo it compares all pics that look similar. The app finds them automatically.”
- Easily enhance photos:
- “With one-tap he just straightened a horizon photo and, with another, it fixed the contrast.”
- “To tweak white balance, you just tap on what is skin and the app? automatically adjusts the balance.”
- Brushes, Effects
- Photo Journals: create on iPad, published to iCloud, viewable through URL
iPhoto for iPad is $4.99, available later today.
Apple first introduced iMovie and Garageband then added iPhone / iPod touch support later. iPhoto is an Universal app for iPhone and iPod touch too.