2,000 ASUS Transformer Prime Android Tablet Pre-Orders in 107 Days [Epic Fail]
Quad-core Android flagship tablet with seemingly impressive spec sheet that include Nvidia Tegra 3 failed to transform Android devotees into customers.
Lawsuit between Hasbro, maker of Transformer toys such as the Optimus Prime, and Asus, maker of flagship Android tablet Transformer Prime revealed:
“as of February 24, 2012, [Asus] had received over 2,000 pre-orders … and that retailer fulfillment orders for the next two months total approximately 80,000 tablet computers.”
- November 9, 2011: announcement of Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime
- December 1, 2011: released in Taiwan
- December 19, 2011: released in United States and Canada
Yes, that’s two-thousand pre-orders for the Transformer Prime, over 107 days. Even spanning through the busy Christmas season.
This month, Apple sold 3 million new iPad in 4 days.
- Tablet Display Quality Test: iPad 2 vs. Motorola Xoom, Asus Transformer
- What’s the Best Tablet? Why Android is no Match for iPad
- HTC Evo View Android Tablet FAIL: Results in BET Awards Embarrassing Moment
- 32 Failed Android + Microsoft Tablet PC Competitors vs. 2010 iPad
- FAIL: Android Motorola Xoom Tablet Has No Flash