Comparison: Samsung Shamelessly Plagiarizes Apple Ad, Uses Same Actress [SameSung]
Samsung copies two Apple ads and steals an actress, sets a new low with latest unoriginal parroting.
Video: Samsung Galaxy Tab Commercial, December 2011
Samsung’s new Samsung Galaxy Tab ad copied Apple so much, it uses the same child actress from the Apple iPhone 4S ad. The actress copying was noticed by Cheryl Lindo Jones on Google+ (via 9to5Mac). Samsung has pulled the original ad from its youtube channel, perhaps due to ridicules.
Apple iPhone 4S ad below for comparison.
Video: Apple iPhone 4S Ad, October 2011
Here are some comparisons of Samsung ad vs. Apple ad:
The Samsung Ad also steals the dinosaur and bed elements from the Apple iPad 2 ad:
Video: Apple iPad 2 Ad, November 2011
Surely it’s just coincidences. Let’s see:
- Samsung Copies Apple iPod touch
- Samsung’s 2011 Galaxy Player 50 site uses 2007 iPhone Maps screenshot
- Samsung Did Not Copy Apple iPhone / iPad Design
- Samsung Italy Store Copies Apple App Store Icon
- Surprise! Samsung Makes iPhone Knockoff
What’s next? Hiring fake Steve Jobs for product introduction? From the pace of Samsung’s shameless stealing, it might happen this year.