Writer & former PC World Editor in Chief: iPad Favorite Computer
Can the iPad replace a PC? Professional writer answers YES. Here are the apps + iPad keyboard case he use.
iPad vs. Laptop?
I’ve been using the iPad for my daily activities–running Technologizer, writing for TIME, CNET, and AllBusiness.com, and more–because I find it to be the preferable tool in multiple respects. I’ve been using it about 80 percent of the time, and using my MacBook Air about 20 percent of the time. I have no desire to go back.
iPad 2 Case + Apps for Professional Writer / Blogger
- Blogsy: iPad blogging app, $4.99 iPad
- TouchDraw: drawing + composting text with images, $6.99 iPad
- PhotoForge2: Lightroom like image adjustments (PhotoForge 2 review), $2.99 Universal
- Pages: for manuscript or Word documents, $9.99 Universal
- IMO.IM: instant messenger, free for iPhone / iPad
- HootSuite: twitter client, free, universal
Previously, Arstechnica blogger also sees productivity gain with iPad.