Photo Inception: Fotoyaki iPhone App
This photo effects / color filter app can make a photo mosaic!
iPhone Photo Mosaic Creation App
Fotoyaki [App Store] is for iPhone and iPod touch. Price? Free today.
Created by Vijay ARUNKUMAR. Features:
- 14 effects
- The cool thing is that it can use photos in your Camera Roll to build an image mosaic in a few seconds. (Last two effects: Photoception and Acid Tiles). It’s not a real mosaic that matches a photo color to an area. Instead, the collections of photo thumbnails are turned black and white, then colorized. But neat.
- Original pictures taken from the Fotoyaki app goes into camera roll in full resolution.
- Does not require an account to use.
What needs improvement:
- Make higher resolution outputs. The image export is 960 x 720 pixels in size (mosaic consists of tiny 20×20 pixel images). The latest iOS devices should be able to produce much larger images.
- Smaller outputs: When emailed within the app, the file sizes are huge and uncompressed. When exported to Camera Roll and emailed, the size is 350KB, but when emailed within the app, the same image is 1.3MB.
- Make Universal?
Conclusion: it’s a fun app to mess around. It’s not a professional photo manipulation iOS app of course, but would be really cool if the Fotoyaki app’s unique filters can produce larger images (or image matching).
Tested with version 1.1.1 released Oct 31, 2011. Main image: 66% size of app output