Subtle Differences of iOS 5 vs. iOS 4
Only a designer with attention to detail can see these differences.
- Badge shadow
- Settings App border
- Rotation lock shadow distance
- iMessage text highlights, results in “better readability of the text”.
- Home icon spacing
Talk about attention to details. Go to his article [machine English translation] to see all 6 comparisons.
iOS 5 Messages App Subtle Design Changes
How many more Apple changes were made in the iOS 5 Messages App? ObamaPacman adds comparison:
In addition to the white drop shadow (2 pixels on Retina display), Apple made at least 5 tweaks to the message app between iOS 4.1 and iOS 5:
- Title text, now slightly blue
- Shade of gray background, lighter
- Left outline of the bubble
- Text alignment, moved left
- Text tracking, slightly condensed
That’s a ton of subtle changes for one app.
- iPhone 4 Retina Display vs. Human Eye
- iPhone Post-It Notes For iOS App Design
- That Look Shopped! High Resolution iPhone 4 GUI PSD Download
- iPhone Evolution + Rumored iPhone 5 Specs [Infographics]
- Droid Does not (have a display to compete with iPhone 4)