AT&T Sold 200,000 iPhone 4S in 12 Hours
AT&T confirms “extraordinary” demand for the newly announced iPhone 4S.
AT&T: High iPhone 4S Demand
AT&T reports over 200,000 iPhone orders in the first 12 hours. Reuters:
[AT&T] had seen “extraordinary demand” for a gadget unveiled a day before the death of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs
ObamaPacman: This is significant because iPhone 4S is now carried by THREE carriers in the US this time, but the original iPhone carrier is still seeing record demand.
Besides not including Verizon and Sprint sales, AT&T sales includes reduced scalpers sales, as unlocked iPhone 4S will only be available outside of US (Canada, UK, and maybe others). Apple factory unlocked US iPhone 4S will be released next month, so there should be greatly reduced US demand from scalpers on launch day.
- Apple Sold 1 Million iPhone 4S in 24 Hours
- Nexus One Sales Fail: Comparing iPhone, Droid, N1, First Month Demand (Chart)
- Official Factory Unlocked Apple iPhone 4S: US November Release, $649+
- Verizon: iPhone 4 Sales Sets Record, Beats Android in 2 Hours
- Apple: Half Million iPad Sold First Week, Popularity Delays International Sales