Tim Cook & Apple Headquarters’ Steve Jobs Tribute
Reactions around Apple Cupertino headquarters to news of Steve Jobs passing.
CEO Tim Cook Email to Apple Employees
I have some very sad news to share with all of you. Steve passed away earlier today.
Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.
We are planning a celebration of Steve’s extraordinary life for Apple employees that will take place soon. If you would like to share your thoughts, memories and condolences in the interim, you can simply email email@example.com.
No words can adequately express our sadness at Steve’s death or our gratitude for the opportunity to work with him. We will honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to continuing the work he loved so much.
Apple Headquarters: Flags Half Mast
Blogger Robert Scoble, first on the scene, at 1 Infinite Loop:
“Flags half staff at Apple headquarters. Sad day in Cupertino.”
Bagpiper plays for Steve Jobs and the media:
Flower + iPad Memorial: Apple Campus
I am at 1 Infinite Loop. There is a small makeshift shrine with candles, flowers, and an iPad
[Via macrumors. Go check out their long article]
- Apple Posts Photo of Steve Jobs Memorial
- Steve Jobs’ Cupertino Apple Campus Mothership Building Proposal (with Apricot Orchards!)
- Apple Celebrates Steve Jobs’ Life with Norah Jones and Coldplay Concerts (Aerial Video)
- City Of Cupertino: Steve Jobs Tribute Video
- Apple Cupertino Campus 50 Acre Expansion Gets Green Light with 8 Acre Parcel Rezoning Approval