CineSkates Camera Dolly for DSLR + iPhone
Portable camera dolly + time lapse photography tool created by Mac using MIT student Justin Jensen. Funding open on Kickstarter now.
Video: CineSkates Demo
CineSkates looks to be a great portable GorillaPod tripod dolly for photographers and cinematographers. Features:
- Allows fluid camera movement in straight line or around subject (good for DIY one camera Matrix bullet time)
- Wheels are marked for time lapse photography (move x amount every frame)
- Removable wheels
- Holds 5 pounds (2.25 KG)
- Designed to work with GorillaPod, which by it self can be attached to various objects and act as a tripod
Justin Jensen has been working on CineSkates for the past year, with over 24 prototypes made. Scheduled for October release. The Kickstarter funded project already exceeded goal of $20,000.
Go on [Kickstarter] to get one:
- Pledge starts at $150 for CineSkates, a case, and a Cinetics lens cloth (requires optional tripod and ball head).
- $275 includes the previous with GorillaPod Focus tripod and GorillaPod BallHead X [$102 here for both].
- $325 or more and have a set of everything in mid-September.
ObamaPacman: Much cheaper than the $1495 dolly used in the Plot Device short film.
CineSkates iPhone 4 Compatibility
Question: Will CineSkates work with the iPhone 4?
Answer… For sure! They will work with any phone that you can attach to a ballhead. Here is how you do it with an iPhone 4… pledge at the regular CineSkates level, and increase the reward to $225 so we can include the GorillaPod Focus. Then grab a Glif [$20] and also a tiny ballhead like the Giottos MH 1304 [$19.99]. That set up would create some amazing iPhone video!!
And how does OP know Justin, the creator of CineSkates uses a Mac? Through Justin Jensen’s photography site on Fluidr (has neat image auto loading during scrolling), he mentioned he uses DSLR Remote Pro software for Mac ($129 with demo available).