Chinese DIY iPad Transformer Tablet PC
Attempt to create iPad tablet clone: you are doing it wrong.
VIdeo: Chinese DIY iPad Tablet PC
Chinese man Xinying Liu from the eastern province of Shandong made this DIY iPad from scratch. It is basically a touchscreen tablet PC in Apple inspired enclosure and case. Featuring:
- White iMac mini look-alike case
- Microsoft Windows, with Mac OS X skin (and none of the usability)
- Thick PC laptop construction
- Fake Apple stickers (Apple currently only makes white ones)
ObamaPacman estimates the iPad wannabe has an 8″ display (measuring 4 by 7). The Windows tablet PC also features:
- No battery life figures (likely very short, being that it runs Windows)
- No App Store titles that are optimized for touchscreen
- No IPS display or high quality touchscreen
- No instant on from sleep
“It cost me 2,000 yuan ($309) to make it, so I guess that’s how much it’s worth.”
That’s before countless hours of time to build this monstrosity from scratch. He should have just bought a refurb iPad from Apple for $349.
Some more details at [Daily Star]