WWDC 2011 “One More Thing”: Apple iCloud iTunes Match
Besides the free iCloud, Steve Jobs introduces iTunes Match, an optional $24.99 per year storage and sync service for non-iTunes purchased music.
Options to put music on iOS devices:
- Sync devices over wifi or cable. Only have to do it once.
- Buy songs on iTunes.
- iTunes Match service (read on below)
2011 WWDC: One More Thing
Steve Jobs introduces “iTunes Match” in his “One More Thing.” It’s an optional iCloud service that is coming this fall:
- Get your music to cloud without need for uploading. Instead, iTunes will scan your library for music match.
- 18 million songs in iTunes catalog to music match. If song matches, it’ll be available on iCloud.
- Matched songs are gets free upgrade to 256Kbps iTunes Plus quality, DRM-free.
- Upload what iTunes can’t match.
- Access to 10 devices.
iTunes Match Pricing
iCloud iTunes Match price is $24.99. Includes storage for up to 25,000 songs. iTunes purchases do not count against limit.
Works with iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad, or iPad 2, or a Mac computer with OS X Lion or a PC with Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Outlook 2007 or 2010 recommended).
More info at Apple iCloud features page.