Apple Cupertino Mothership vs. Pentagon, Size Comparison
Size comparison of Pentagon, world’s largest office building by floor area versus Apple’s proposed Cupertino campus spaceship building.
Apple Cupertino Mothership vs. Pentagon
Apple mothership building, which is seeing green light from Cupertino mayor & council:
4 floors above ground, underground parking
World’s largest spaceship shaped building
7 floors (5 above ground, 2 underground)
26,000 employees (23,000 + 3,000 support personnel)
World’s largest office building by floor area
By putting both buildings on same scale, it’s easy to see the size differences:
- The proposed Apple new campus building width is slightly larger than the Pentagon.
- Apple building is up to twice as wide as each of Pentagon’s five ring corridors.
- Maybe there’s room for another ring (um infinite loop) inside the loop if constructed similar to the Pentagon?
Any other thoughts?
Update: Wondering how long it will take to travel it?
Read: Apple campus size + travel time + analysis
Illustration by ObamaPacman. Inspired by this article.
- Measurement: Proposed Cupertino Apple Campus Mothership Size & Analysis
- Apple Cupertino Mothership vs. Spaceship Buildings Around the World
- Steve Jobs’ Cupertino Apple Campus Mothership Building Proposal (with Apricot Orchards!)
- Cupertino Mayor Says Yes to Proposed Apple Mothership Campus [video]
- Drone video of Apple Cupertino spaceship campus