Lion Changes Laptop External Display Clamshell Mode
Upcoming OS X Lion has improved laptop external display clamshell mode. Video.
Video: Lion Changes Laptop External Display Clamshell Mode
Current Mac laptops shut down when lid is closed. Makes sense. But to use it in clamshell mode, you need to wake it up again using a keyboard or mouse.
Mac OS X Lion will now switch the main display over to external monitor if you close the laptop screen. It is said that automatic switching works only when magsafe power adapter is connected, so you find the battery drained while on battery.
Seems like a good way to do it.
- Apple Introduces Sandy Bridge MacBook Air, Mac Mini, & Cinema Display with Thunderbolt
- Mac OS X Lion Developer, Video Walkthrough
- Best Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro, Popular Science Top 100 Innovations of 2009
- Apple Releases New Mac Accessories: Cinema Display, Magic Trackpad, Low “Vampire Draw” Charger
- iMovie Tutorial: How to Sync Sound with External Audio