Apple Releases 6 Free iOS + Mac e-books for Developers in iBooks Store
Apple released new free e-books on the iBookstore for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, that explains iOS and Mac programming / development including Object-C, Cocoa, and iOS Human Interface Guidelines.
The titles are new to iBookstores, but they are available on the Apple Developer web site. However, most PDFs do not work well on mobile devices, due to text size cannot be easily adjusted to fit the device screens. These Apple iBooks free e-books solved that for the mobile developers. Note, these Apple iBookstore ebooks are not programming 101 courses.
The 6 free Apple e-books are:
- The Objective-C Programming Language [itunes link]
- Cocoa Fundamental’s Guide [itunes link]
- Object Oriented Programming With Objective-C [itunes link]
- iOS Technology Overview [itunes link]
- iOS Application Programming Guide [itunes link]
- iOS Human Interface Guidelines [itunes link]
Apple describes that these e-Books displays best on iBooks 1.2.
Note: There are some reports of “iOS Human Interface Guidelines” download not available in some countries such as the Canada iBooks store at this time.
- Apple iBooks Update Adds Read Aloud Children’s Books
- Apple Released iTunes 10.5.3 with iBooks Author & Textbook Support [Download]
- Apple Overhauls iTunes U, Releases iPad, iPhone & iPod touch App [Download]
- iTunes 9.1 Released, Brings iPad, iBooks Support
- iBooks Author: Create Interactive Books [Download]