J.D. Powers: Apple iPhone Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction
J.D. Powers describes Apple iPhone again leads smartphone customer satisfaction.
iPhone 4, Good or Bad?
“For a fourth consecutive time, Apple ranks highest in customer satisfaction among manufacturers of smartphones.” J.D. Powers reports their finding of the 2010 Wireless Smartphone Customer Satisfaction Study.
The ranking takes into consideration different factors important to smartphone users: ease of operation (26%); operating system (24%); physical design (23%); features (19%); and battery function (8%). Mobile applications continue to enhance the smartphone user experience, with Apple’s 250,000 title iOS App Store leading the way.
Apple is not without competition though. Motorola and HTC are following the Apple iPhone more closely this year than previous years. However, since these companies only strive to copy Apple, it’s unlikely for their Dilbert committee to surpass Apple’s lead.
- Apple Leads 2011 J.D. Power Smartphone Customer Satisfaction Index
- American Customer Satisfaction Index: iPhone Leads, BlackBerry & Samsung Lag
- Study: iPhone leads in satisfaction for consumer, business smartphone users
- BusinessWeek: Apple Customer Service Leads Computers & Electronics Industry (Again)
- Verizon Sold More iPhone Than Android, BlackBerry, WebOS, and Windows Phones Combined