Cydia’s Saurik Fixes PDF Exploit on Jailbreaked & Older iOS Devices
Apple’s new 4.0.2 and 3.2.2 iOS firmware fixed the PDF exploit used to jailbreak, but what about Jailbroken devices and legacy first-generation 2007 iPhone and iPod touch?
PDF exploit Fix
Cydia creator Saurik has a fix for the PDF exploit for jailbreak / software-modded and older iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. You no longer need the PDF Loading Warner, when Saurik’s software closes the security issue.
Cydia software “PDF Patch” fixes the issue for all iOS devices and all firmware versions from 2.x to 4.0.1.
Install iOS PDF Patch
1. Go to Cydia (use iOS guides if you need to jailbreak)
2. Search for “PDF Patch”
If you already have the PDF Loading Warner installed, you can safely remove that app via Cydia (quick reboot / springboard relaunch required).
Again, Apple has fixed the issue quickly with 4.0.2 for recent iPhone & iPod touch, 3.2.2 for iPad. You only need this if you got a software-modded iOS device or 3 year old device.
via unofficial iphone-dev team
- Cydia “PDF Loading Warner” Helps Prevent iOS Security Hole Exploit
- Jailbreak iPad 2, iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3 + Fix PDF Exploit
- Apple iOS Firmware Download: iPhone iPod touch 4.0.2 iPad 3.2.2
- SHAtter iOS 4.1 Jailbreak iPod touch 4G Demo
- Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS! iP4 Unlock in 48 Hours