Microsoft Could Adopt Apple iPhone 4 FaceTime Video Chat Open-Standard
1 week after Apple announced FaceTime video chat open-standard at the iPhone 4 Keynote, Microsoft’s new Kinect announcement brings possibility that it’ll be adopting Apple’s open-standard.
Update: note that Microsoft “could” use the Apple standard, not a 100% confirmation.
If it happens, Microsoft VideoKinect will allow video chat between Apple iPhone 4, XBox Live (RoosterTeeth / RedVsBlue would probably love it), Windows Live Messenger (meh), and other Kinect clients.
Apple has popularized various technologies over the years, such as GUI, USB, WiFi, WebKit, & HTML5 which are now ubiquitous.
Apple HTML5 Open-Standard Industry Support
Maybe iPhone 4 FaceTime will be another industry first. We’ll tell in time.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs at Microsoft XBox 360 Event?
Steve at MS XBox 360 event photoshop by giz. What, do you think Apple CEO Steve Jobs will attempt to sell some XBox at a Microsoft event? Here’s the original:
- Face Chat Time: New Apple FaceTime Ad?
- First Puppet iPhone 4 FaceTime Chat with Apple Employee, Video
- Microsoft Improves Firefox, Adds H.264 Video Codec Support
- The iPhone 4 FaceTime Style Mobile 3G Tango Video Chat
- War on Adobe Flash, Apple CEO Steve Jobs Explains (video)