Future of Books: iPad tablet Style, Interactive eBooks from Penguin
Apple iPad tablet has not yet been released but it already started a revolution in publishing industry. Penguin Books shows that interactive books are coming to Apple iPad tablet. Could this be the future of books?
We all know that Apple’s new tablet could be the future that is portrayed in science fictions with the iPad, the future is now video.
Looks like the future is here. Penguin Books just demoed its interactive books for the Apple iPad tablet:
Video: Apple iPad, Future of eBooks, Demoed by Penguin Books
The Penguin iPad books merge interactive software with books for the Apple iPad tablet, with great demo of:
- Children’s books
- The Human Body, Anatomy comes alive which is a medical textbook (amazing)
- Vampire academy, Enhanced eBook with live chat
- DK Travel, Interactive travel companion
- Starfinder, Interact with the sky above you, an “intergalactic GPS system” (Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, anyone?)
Penguin Books are bringing their iPad e-books in ePub format, with embedded and streamed audio, video, and potentially gaming content. The books are handled with Apple product ease of use, including multitouch gestures and other iPad built in capabilities such as motion sensor.
The future looks great on the Apple iPad!
- Over 30,000 Free eBooks Available For Apple iPad
- iBooks Author: Create Interactive Books [Download]
- Possible Future of iPad Magazines, Behind the Scenes Preview
- Apple iPad eBook Store Adds Largest Independent Publisher Perseus Books Group
- Developers: Apple Now Taking iPad Tablet App Submissions