Gizmodo Writer Pwned By Anti-Apple Trolls: Apple Store Genius Bar Top Horror “Stories”
Gizmodo, Genius Bar Horror Story Source: Contest For Pizza
So where did the stories come from? It’s a contest to come up with the “most horrific story,” with free pizza as a prize.
The contest premise:
“The Genius Bar is considered, by some, to be the paragon of tech support. But capricious pricks just ‘following the rules’ that happen to completely screw you work everywhere. So tell us your Genius Bar horror stories.
Did a Genius drop your MacBook and explode it into a thousand pieces? Try to exorbitantly charge you for a repair that should’ve been free? Or just act like a total bastard?
The most horrific true story wins free pizza as a consolation to sop up your tears.”
Yes it does mention “true story.” However, the contest’s call for submission is already pre-loaded with ideas for fiction writing:
- Capricious pricks
- Completely screw you
- Drops customer product
- Try to exorbitantly charge a repair that should be free
- Act like a total bastard
Keep in mind there are PC-Normal crowds out there and it’s not hard to see what kinds of stories would be eventually published by Matt Buchanan on Gizmodo.
Continue reading using the navigation elements on top or on the bottom of the page…
- Apple Store Horror Story: Awful Genius Bar with Evil Mac Genius
- Great Moments in Gizmodo History, Rooster Teeth Comic & OP Analysis
- Friend Bar is the New Apple Store Sensation, Genius Bar Replacement
- iPrototype, RedvsBlue Video Spoof on Gizmodo iPhone 4G Prototype Story
- ObamaPacman.com Turns 1 Year Old! State of the OP