Apple Media Event 9/9/2009, New Apple iPod Anticipated
“It’s only rock and roll, but we like it.” Apple is hosting a media event on September 9, 2009. New iPods are expected at this Apple iPod, iTunes theme event. Perhaps new versions of Apple TV (iPod for the TV) as well.
Normally these events are on Tuesdays but due to the U.S. holiday next Monday this event will be on a Wednesday.
Almost certain to be announced are full line of new Apple iPods, including
- iPod touch (sort of like iPhone without the phone)
- iPod classic (high storage capacity iPod)
- iPod nano (tiny version of iPod)
- iPod shuffle (smallest iPod)
Unconfirmed but likely
- Apple TV (iPod for television, the “cable box” for those in the internet age)
Apple will probably introduce a new version of its iTunes music player.
In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past few years, iTunes is a music jukebox software that can transfer music from CDs you own to your computer or let you browse and shop at the iTunes Store, the most popular music store in the U.S. In addition to music, movies and tv shows, the iTunes Store also offers iPhone apps, plus free audio and video podcasts, some are from prestigious institutions such as Stanford.
So if you are going to get an iPod, you might want to wait a week. Unless you are a student in the U.S. buying a Mac before September 8, to take advantage of the free back to school iPod touch offer (Free iPod offer available from MacMall.com – Your #1 Apple Superstore!)
Apple Issues Invitations for September 9th Media Event [macrumors]
- Apple iPod / iTunes Special Media Event on September 1
- “Apple Gone Wild” iPod Special Media Event Summary
- Watch Live Video Stream Broadcast: Apple iPod Special Media Event
- Apple Releases new iTunes & New iPods, with video camera in iPod nano
- Apple invitation confirms next media event on September 10